Thanksgiving is on Thursday so naturally I’ve started thinking about what I’m most grateful for this year. (Or any year for that matter.) I thought I’d try for at least the top ten here:
1) Thank you for my life. (This is always number one because the fact that I’m still alive after 53 years is nothing short of amazing to me. For however long it lasts, thank you thank you thank you.)
2) Thank you for starlight, waters, storms, mountain vistas, seasons, and the hikes I’ve taken through all of them.
3) Thank you for things I can’t control. I hate them but I know they’re good for me.
4) Thank you for yogurt.
5) Thank you for the hubster, beloved son, and beloved daughter, as well as giving them the patience to love me back when I’ve made it hard.
6) Thank you for Dane’s epilepsy cure and helping him to still be able to walk after all. I was so scared for him.
7) Thank you for this blog and the chance to have a voice.
8) Thank you for all the help and support from people over the last year. In fact, thanks for all people everywhere. Doing this whole life-thing alone would have really sucked.
9) Thank you for the depression easing up so much. I can’t tell you how good it feels to be hopeful again.
10) And lastly, thank you for both light and darkness. Having both helps keep everything in perspective, y’know?
Here’s wishing everyone a meaningful Thanksgiving full of love and healing.
copyright Dia Osborn 2011